Remote control Twinkly and through voice commands, connecting Twinkly to the Amazon Alexa app.
Amazon Alexa is a smartphone app available on the AppStore and Google Play Store.
Connecting the lights to Amazon Alexa allows you to control Twinkly through voice commands from your smartphone and through Amazon echo devices.
To begin with, you need to download the Twinkly app and follow these 2 steps:
- Connect Twinkly to a local Wi-Fi Network
- Download the Amazon Alexa app and follow the guided procedure to configure it.
- You installed on Twinkly the latest version of firmware available.
- Your Amazon Echo device (if available) is running and connected to the same local Wi-Fi network of your Twinkly.
- The local Wi-Fi network properly access internet resources.
- Your smartphone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network of your Twinkly and of your Amazon Echo device (if available).
Make sure to have your Twinkly Account Login info handy.
Add the Twinkly skill to Amazon Alexa
- Open your Amazon Alexa app
- Find the Twinkly skill and configure it. Its part of “lights > others”
- Log In with the same credentials of your Twinkly account (if you accessed through social login, be sure to access it with the same user).
- In the list of elements available you can see all of your Twinkly.
If you created a group of Twinkly you will be only able to control the whole group.
Voice command Twinkly
List of commands available by now
Both Twinkly Generation I and II
Turn on / off all the lights or just one light. IE:
- Alexa Turn Twinkly on
- Alexa Turn Twinkly off
Only on Twinkly Generation II
Ask Alexa to adjust the Brightness
- Alexa set Twinkly at 50%
Change the dominant color. IE:
- Alexa set Twinkly to Blue
- Alexa set Twinkly to Red
- Alexa set Twinkly to Yellow
- If you create a group of Twinkly you will be able to mange only the group and not the single lights.
- Twinkly will be managed like any other smart light in your house, be sure to manage at best the partition in rooms and settings.
- Voice command to change colors are not available for Twinkly Gold Edition devices.