Remote control Twinkly through voice commands connecting Twinkly to your Google Assistant app.
Google Assistant is a smartphone app available on the AppStore and Google Play Store.
Connecting the lights to Google Assistant allows you to control Twinkly through voice commands from your smartphone and through Google Smart Home devices.
To begin with:
- Download the Twinkly app and Connect Twinkly to a local Wi-Fi Network
- Download the Google Assistant app and follow the guided procedure to configure it.
You installed on Twinkly the latest version of the available firmware.
- Your Google Smart Home device (if available) is running and connected to the same local Wi-Fi network of your Twinkly.
- The local Wi-Fi network properly accesses internet resources.
- Your smartphone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network of your Twinkly and of your Google Smart home device (if available).
Create a Twinkly account
Make sure to have your Twinkly Account Login info at hand.
Add Twinkly to your Google Assistant
- Open your Google Assistant app
- Find the Twinkly skill and add it to your Google Assistant.
- Log In with the same credentials of your Twinkly account (if you accessed through social login, be sure to access it with the same user).
- In the list of elements available you can see all of your Twinkly. If you created a group of Twinkly you will be only able to control the whole group.
Voice command Twinkly
Ask Google Assistant to synchronize effects typing or voice command: “synchronize devices”.
This is necessary the first time you use it or every time you add new lights, remove lights, or your network settings change.
List of commands available by now
Turn on / off all the lights or just one light. IE ( for Generation I and II):
- OK Google, Turn Twinkly on
- OK Google, Turn Twinkly off
Ask Google to adjust the Brightness ( only for Generation II):
- OK Google, Google set Twinkly Brightness at 50%
Change the dominant color. IE (only for Generation II):
- OK Google, set Twinkly to Blue
- OK Google, set Twinkly to Red
- OK Google, set Twinkly to Yellow
If you create a group of Twinkly you will be able to manage only the group and not the single lights.
Voice command to change colors is not available on Gold Edition devices.