Twinkly lights virtually extend via the app. This allows you to get extended lighting effects on the same object or objects in some distance between them.
After configuring your first Twinkly, you can add a new device immediately after following the wizard.
Alternatively, access the “Devices” menu and click on “Add another Device”. The onboarding procedure will restart from the beginning, guiding you through the configuration of the new device.
- It is not possible to create Twinkly groups with different LED profiles (the type of LED must be the same: RGB, RGBW, RBW, AWW).
- It is possible to create groups up to a maximum of 10 devices.
- It is not possible to create groups by including other existing groups in the selection.
- To create a group of Twinkly, you need to connect each Twinkly to the local Wi-Fi network and ensure your smartphone joined the same network too.
Creating a group
Open the app and open the “Devices” menu
Click on “Create Group”
Give your group a name
The app will ask you to add the group’s name, which will be useful to distinguish them later on.
Give them the name you prefer, it might be the name of the setting, like “Sitting room” or “Outdoors”, or of a decoration, like “Big tree”
Choose to create a Join Group, a Sync Group or a Scene Group
Join Groups make your different Twinkly act like a great big Twinkly, meaning:
- They extend the number of available lights up to the sum of led lights on each Twinkly
- They have a group layout
- They can be mapped as a single device
- Once you’ll have mapped all your led lights in your group, you’ll be able to apply basic and advanced effects to it.
- One of the most frequent ways Join Groups are used, are as led lights on on a single tree.
Follow the step by step procedure for Join Groups
Sync Groups allow the simultaneous application of the effects on all the Twinkly that are part of the group.
- They extend the number of available lights up to the sum of led lights on each Twinkly.
- Each Twinkly keeps its basic layout, even if it has been mapped.
- Sync Groups cannot be mapped as a single device.
Follow the step by step procedure for Sync Groups
“Scene” type groups are groups of lights arranged on extended scenarios. This type of group allows only 2D mapping enabled.
They are Join group of mapped devices, so you can tile them together if you can’t have them in the same camera shoot.
Groups behave as individual devices. They are present in the device list and have a status icon. The icon is green if all the devices that are part of the group are on and correctly connected.
Grouped items can’t be controlled individually by Alexa and Google Assistant
If the group status icon is red it means that one or more devices within the group are switched off or disconnected. In this case, check that the lights are on (steady green light on the controller) and perform a “rescan” by clicking on the icon in the form of circular arrows at the top of the list.
If one or more devices have lost connection, it may be necessary to start the Reset procedure on each device.
For Generation I: You can group up to 2000 LEDs or 5 devices – with good Wi-Fi coverage
For Generation II: You can group up to 4000 LEDs or 10 devices – with good Wi-Fi coverage