Twinkly Music‘s cutting-edge algorithms decode any sound source in real time, to identify relevant musical elements and make the effects come alive into a combined audio-visual experience.
Equipped with a very sensitive digital microphone and powerful multicore DSP, Twinkly Music Dongle analyzes any sort of music and literally gives shape to the sound.
First time use step by step
“Out-of-the-box” step by step instructions:
- Plug in the light string to an outlet.
Lights should come with a rainbow effect, nothing too flashy.
- Find an old iPhone or Android charging block and connect the USB Twinkly Music Dongle
- Plug in it to an outlet in the same room where you have the lights and music playing.
You will see a blue light on the Dongle that will start flashing
Once it is a steady blue light with a faint white flash you are ready
- Now, turn up the tunes
- On the Dongle you will see a button, you can use it to activate the magic of Twinkly Music. Simply click the button to advance through the different effects. The button is just below the blue light on the Twinkly Music Dongle
- You should see the lights reacting to the ambient sound. It is listening and analyzing those sounds to give you a visual representation of the frequencies around you.
- Find your favorite effect and try a few different songs. Each song’s pitch, volume, tone, rhythm, instruments will give a different look to the lights.
Now that you have seen the power of Twinkly Music in its simplest form, we recommend you to take the next step, the FULL Twinkly experience.
For this you will need to have the latest version of the Twinkly app on your mobile phone, and a local wifi connection (you will require network name and password) with Internet access.
At this stage, you can configure Twinkly Music to work with the light set in your local WiFi network.
Open the app, go to DEVICES
- Select “Add new device”
- Choose Twinkly Music from the list
- Follow the instructions, press and hold controller’s button until the light is light blue
- Choose in the app the local WiFi name, and type in the password
- Continue until the app will recognize the Twinkly Music device
- Go back to the Gallery
Congratulations! Now, the configuration is complete.
You will see both Twinkly Light Set and Twinkly Music status LED blue with a faint white flash.
This means that the Twinkly devices are online and ready to work together.
Now, turn up the tunes.
You can simply click the Twinkly Music button to advance through the varying effects: you will notice that the effects will be much more beautiful, you will see changing the effects lines and shapes moving in sync with the music.
Find your favorite effect and try a few different songs. Each song’s pitch, volume, tone, rhythm, instruments will give a different look to the lights.
You can activate these functions from the control panel:
- Power on/off
- Selection of DRIVERS (effects applicable to Twinkly Music)
Here you cand find a useful tutorial: