Got questions? Try searching here. Maybe we have
already answered your query.
Explore How-To's and learn best practices from our
Generation ISee all
Generation IISee all
How ToSee all
Frequently Asked Questions
Maybe we've already answer your question.
Here's our FAQ.
Why should I connect Twinkly to my home Wi-Fi network?
Connecting Twinkly to a local network is useful on many levels:
- you will have wider coverage and you will be able to use the app from any place in the house;
- if your device automatically connects to the network, as soon as you get home you are ready to start using Twinkly.
- You can create groups linking several products and you can apply spectacular
- Connect Twinkly to other devices like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Increase the operating range of the connection with your smartphone and Twinkly
and use the entire range covered by your Wi-Fi connection.
- Avoid having to change the network every time you want to use Twinkly.
How should I place the lights?
You can place your lights as you prefer, there is not a rule!
Decorate your tree, then, thanks to the mapping procedure you can create a precise map of your LEDs and apply the effect with the maximum impact.
A useful piece of advice to obtain a good visual is to place the LEDs on the surface of the tree.
Some LEDs may be hidden from the camera, worry not, the algorithm will estimate their position, allowing a precise application of the effects.View page
- Can Twinkly strings be extended?
Can I use Twinkly outdoor?
All Twinkly are IP44 certified. They are weatherproof and they can resist rain and snow, but they can’t be plunged into the water.
Generation 1: from 0 °C to 40 °C or 32°F to 104°F
Generation 2: from -15 °C to 40 °C or 14°F to 104°F
Anyway, they should be protected from strong atmospheric agents and drastic changes in temperature/humidity.
IMPORTANT NOTE: always keep the controller and the plug, in a proof place, away from water and snow.
For the most part, can be used outdoors or in a sheltered area. Others can only be used indoors.
Check the icon that describes the type of use supported on the website or your Twinkly product pack:
- [Indoor icon] – Product for indoor use only
- [Outdoor icon] – Product for indoor and outdoor use (*)
- [Patio icon] – Product for outdoor use, sheltered from rain and snow.
(*) please always store the controller and the plug, in a safe place.View page
- Can I remote control Twinkly?
What is the controller?
The controller is an essential part of every Twinkly product.
It’s the control box you can find between the plug and the lights and it manages the lights.
Is composed by:
Status light indicator
Please refer to these tables for the controller status indicator light index.
The button allows you to swipe through and set basic effects, preset on your Twinkly.
And reset the product to the factory setup.View page